- To assess on an ongoing basis the educational needs of the IRUA membership.
- To develop educational curriculum and programs to address the needs identified.
- To assist the education committee chairperson by arranging for educational programs to be offered to staff of member and non-member organizations.
- To report on committee activity at regular business meetings to include the results of previous programs and new program ideas, if any
- To keep abreast of developments within the reinsurance industry bearing on claims costs or claims-handling techniques, and to make regular committee reports on such at Association meetings.
- To assist the Conference Committee chairperson by arranging for presentation of suitable subjects as part of the conference program.
- To conduct claims seminars of min-sessions, either in conjunction with or without non-claims topics, for both members and non-members of the Association covering pertinent and topical subjects as often as desirable.
- Maintain an active listing of the Educational Programs available for the Reinsurance Industry and make this available to member companies.
Markel Global Re
American Agricultural Insurance Company
Julie A. McLoughlin
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC